PLEASE READ THIS PAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE APPLYING TO LEASE A PROPERTY
During the application process you will be asked to acknowledge and consent to our rental policy and leasing requirements
We strongly believe that everyone has a right to rent a property. All applicants will be treated equally and fairly and be subject to the same application and screening process. We strictly adhere to the Federal Fair Housing Laws, as well as the Realtors’ Code of Ethics. We will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, and all other protected classes.
- Applicant must schedule an appointment and preview the property
- Applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older
- We do not accept co-signers
- Applicant must reside at the leased premises
- Applicant must communicate any maintenance or other concerns regarding the chosen property to us, BEFORE submitting a rental application. All properties are rented in "as is" condition
- Applicant must complete a rental application in its entirety and submit all supporting documents. If more than 1 applicant for the same property, each applicant must complete a separate rental application
- Applicant must complete a pet application, if applicable
- Application process will take 2-3 business days, after which time, the applicant will be notified whether the application is approved or denied
- If an application is denied due to applicant’s credit history, or for any other reason, the applicant will be notified in writing as to such reason(s), and of corrective action an applicant may take (if any)
- Rental application is an offer to lease a property, not a lease agreement. All rental applications are subject to approval by landlord. Payment of any and all deposits, as specified herein, does not guarantee the execution of the lease agreement or delivery of possession of the premises by landlord to applicant
WARNING: KNOWINGLY PROVIDING FALSE INFORMATION ON A RENTAL AND/OR PET APPLICATION WILL CAUSE THE APPLICATION TO BE DENIED. FURTHERMORE, IN THE EVENT AN APPLICATION IS APPROVED AND LEASE AGREEMENT SIGNED BY THE APPLICANT BASED ON THE FALSE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE APPLICANT, SAID LEASE AGREEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO TERMINATION.
Requirements – Identification
- U.S Driver's License, or...
- U.S State Identification Card, or...
Requirements – Income
- Income must be documented and verifiable. Undocumented income will not be considered
- Each applicant must have a gross income of no less than 2.5 times the monthly rent
- Applicant must submit pay stubs for the 2 most recent pay periods (if paid bi-weekly), or for the 4 most recent pay periods (if paid weekly)
- Retired and/or self-employed applicants must contact our office BEFORE submitting a rental application, so that we can fully understand their financial circumstances and provide them with a list of financial documents they will be required to submit
Requirements – Credit History
- Applicant's credit (FICO) score must be 600 or higher
- Applicant's social security number must be valid and verifiable
- No collections for unpaid rent to any prior landlord or property management company
- No more than 3 unpaid collections within any 12-month period
- No unpaid collections for utility services (power, water, gas, trash)
- No open or unresolved bankruptcies, judgments, liens, garnishments, unpaid child support
Requirements – Rental History
- Applicant must have a satisfactory rental history
- No more than 1 late payment within any 12-month period
- No NSF payments
- No neighbor or community complaints on record
- No broken lease agreements with any previous landlord
- No eviction proceedings or eviction records
Requirements – Initial Fees and Deposits
Each applicant will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $65.00. Upon approval of the application, the applicant must pay a Lease Administration Fee of $85.00 in full and a HOLDING deposit equal to any and all deposits specified in a property listing. The holding deposit is NOT a security deposit. The sole purpose of the Holding deposit is to remove the property from the rental market and reserve it for the applicant. Applicant shall have no more than 21 days from the date of the approval of the application to execute a lease agreement and pay the first month’s rent and prorated charges (if any), at which time holding deposit will be applied towards a security deposit. In the event applicant fails to execute the lease agreement as scheduled, the holding deposit will be retained for lost rental damages. Damages will be calculated based on the number of days the property was removed from the rental market. Said damages are not a penalty. Damages represent a fair and reasonable cost that the landlord has and will incur as a result of applicant’s failure to timely enter in to a lease agreement for the subject property. Landlord agrees to refund the balance of the holding deposit, if any, within 10 business days of the applicant’s failure to execute the lease agreement.
Requirements – Consent
Applicant must authorize us to check applicant’s credit history, verify income and employment records, verify previous rental history, and check court records for any prior or ongoing landlord/tenant litigation, or criminal proceedings. An applicant, if approved, shall grant us permission to rate and report applicant’s performance as tenant to a licensed reporting and/or credit agencies, as per Terms of Application Agreement and Lease Agreement.
Our policy distinguishes between criminal conduct that indicates a demonstrable risk to property and/or resident safety, and criminal conduct that does not. In the case of a record of conviction, as opposed to an arrest, our policy and practice takes into consideration and is reasonable in terms of the severity of the conviction (i.e violent vs. nonviolent), and when the conviction occurred.